Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In which tragedy strikes the Oscars

And no, I'm not just talking about James Franco's "hosting".

My friend S.B. couldn't go watch the Oscar broadcast with me at three in the morning.  It seems that she couldn't get the morning off of work Monday (we wouldn't be finished until about 5:30, remember).  Everyone else I asked had similar commitments Monday morning that they couldn't reschedule for such a Crazy Project.

Now, I didn't mind watching by myself.  But it's a little hard to get out of the house after midnight (in below freezing temperatures) all by yourself.  So my motivation kind of fizzled.

And I stayed home.  And slept through the Oscars.

I didn’t feel too good about it.  But I’m feeling better about it now that the reviews of the show are coming in.  I wasn’t sure exactly what they were going for picking Hathaway and Franco in the first place, but it seems like I sure didn’t miss much.

I still did pretty good on my picks, anyway.  I got 15 out of the 24 right, which is exactly the same score as Roger Ebert.  And that’s a man who knows movies.

But I’m promising myself, that I’ll plan for more back-up for next year.  So book someone good for next year, Academy.  ‘Cause I’ll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment